We woke up bright and early on Sunday. I felt like I had been hit by a train, a couple times over. Erik picked up Blake from the nursery and we hung out for the day. Since Blake received antibiotics he was required to stay to be monitored for 48 hours which was a bit disappointing as we were planning on heading home. (Although now I see it as a blessing because it forced me to pretty much do nothing but rest!) Blake passed his hearing test, his cardiovascular test, his jaundance test, and the heal poke test. We had a few visitors. Great Grandma Evelyn came up to meet Blake. She brought us two adorable outfits for him. Blake also got to meet Kiki Mama. It was soooo nice to have her come up and hang out, as both Erik and I were going a bit stir crazy mid afternoon while Blake slept the day away. I had a couple really nice phone conversations with Allison, Emily, and an interesting one with my Grandma Helen. Rick and Kris brought Erik up a hot and ready since the cafeteria had limited options for him on a Sunday night. After they left we walked Blake down to the nursery and were in bed with lights out shortly after 9:30. We had a pretty peaceful night with the only interruptions coming from me and my attempts to get out of bed and calling the nurse for more pain meds.
| Good morning world! |
| Blake meeting Great Grandma Evelyn |
| Great Grandma Evelyn |
| Hanging out with Blake |
| Us with Blake |
| Blake and me |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.